HOW-TO: 5 easy DIY Tripod mounts for camera phones
Necessity is the mother of invention. You have probably noticed that phone cameras do not have a tripod mount. Not a problem when shooting hand held in most situations, but some situations require a steady camera. Here are some quick & clever DIY approaches that can be assembled with little cost and all the parts listed can be easily found at your local hardware store.
STUFF YOU'LL NEED:
THE BINDER CLIP
What you will need:
• A small binder clip
• 1/4-20 (1/4-inch-20) wing nut
• Thin rubber padding for inside the metal clip (to protect phone)
1. Use a pair of pliers to bend the top of one of the clip handles 90 degrees.
2. Use the 1/4-20 wing nut to attach the tripod and the phone via the binder clip.
3. If the bent clip handle is wobbly, use tape to fasten it securely to the tripod.